Skip to main content

Featured

Let Go and Let God

When we are seeking God’s comfort, love, protection, healing, hope and reassurance, we also need to remember that sometimes  we need to let certain things go . We can ask God for peace, but at the same time, we have to be willing to release the hurt, betrayal, anger and bitterness we continue carrying with us. Sometimes healing requires surrender. Growing up, I always felt the need to avenge myself. If someone hurt me, spoke negatively about me, created rumours or even hurt someone I loved, I felt like I had to defend myself or them. I would lash out, send long messages, scream, argue and try to prove my side of the story. Something inside me would see red. I thought defending myself would make me feel better. I thought if I could make someone understand what they had done, prove them wrong or get even, somehow I would find peace. But I never did. The older I got, the more I realised I didn’t want to live like that anymore. I wanted peace. Eventually, I realised peace wasn’t going ...

When God Places A Dream in Your Heart


Have you ever had a dream placed so deeply in your heart that no matter how much time passes, it never really leaves?

Maybe it is something you have thought about for months or even years. You may have pushed it aside, doubted yourself or convinced yourself that you are not capable. Yet somehow, it keeps coming back.

Sometimes we spend so much time asking God, “What is my purpose?” that we don’t realise He may already be leading us towards it.

God doesn’t always reveal His entire plan at once.

Sometimes He simply places something on your heart and waits for you to trust Him enough to take the first step.

Proverbs 3:5–6 - “Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.”

We naturally want answers before we move.

What if I fail?

What if I’m not good enough?

What if I make the wrong decision?

What if this doesn’t work?

But faith isn’t about having every answer before you begin.

Faith is trusting God when you don’t have all the answers.

Sometimes God will lead you somewhere that doesn’t make sense yet. A door may close that you were certain was meant for you. Something you prayed for may take longer than you expected. Your life may look completely different from the plan you once imagined for yourself.

That doesn’t mean God has forgotten you.

His plan may simply be different from yours.

And sometimes what feels like a delay is actually preparation.

Step Out in Faith

There comes a point where you have prayed, thought about it and waited and God may be asking you to move.

You don’t need to feel completely ready.

You don’t need to have everything figured out.

You don’t need to know exactly where the journey will take you.

You just need enough faith to take the next step.

 2 Corinthians 5:7-“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 

RStepping out in faith can be frightening because we like certainty. We want God to show us the entire road before we start walking.

But sometimes He only gives us enough light for the step in front of us.

Maybe that is because if we could see everything from beginning to end, we wouldn’t need to trust Him.

Your first step may seem small. It may even feel insignificant.

Take it anyway.

God can do far more with your willingness than you realise.

Seek Him First

Maybe you don’t know what your purpose is yet.

Maybe you don’t even know where to begin.

Begin with God.

At first, seeking God and reading Scripture may seem boring. You may open the Bible and wonder how words written so long ago could possibly relate to what you are experiencing today.

But once you truly open your heart and allow yourself to seek Him beyond the surface, something begins to change.

You start to realise that the answers you have spent your whole life searching for may have been with God all along.

Through Scripture, God teaches us how to live, how to forgive, how to heal, how to love and, most importantly, how to trust Him.

He reminds us that we don’t have to carry everything ourselves.

The anger.

The anxiety.

The fear.

The hurt from your past.

The things you cannot control.

Place them in God’s hands.

Pray to Him when your heart feels heavy.

Seek Him when you feel lost.

Read His Word when you need direction.

Allow Him to heal the parts of you that you have carried for far too long.

Following God doesn’t mean your life suddenly becomes perfect. It doesn’t mean every problem disappears.

It means you no longer have to walk through those problems alone.

Sometimes healing begins with acceptance. Accepting what you cannot change, releasing what has already happened and trusting God with what comes next.

Finding Your Purpose

We can put so much pressure on ourselves to find our purpose.

We look at other people’s lives and wonder why they seem to know exactly where they’re going while we still feel lost.

But your purpose isn’t someone else’s purpose.

God created you with your own gifts, experiences, heart and story.

Ephesians 2:10 - “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.” 

Maybe finding your purpose isn’t about waking up one morning and suddenly having your entire life figured out.

Maybe purpose is revealed while you walk with God.

One prayer at a time.

One lesson at a time.

One act of obedience at a time.

One step of faith at a time.

Even the difficult seasons of your life can shape you. The things you once wished had never happened may teach you compassion, strength, forgiveness or understanding that one day allows you to help someone else.

God can use your story.

He can use your gifts.

He can use your mistakes.

He can use the seasons when you felt completely lost.

Nothing has to be wasted when you place it in His hands.

Trust His Plan

The dream God placed in your heart may not happen exactly how you imagined.

Your timeline may change.

Your direction may change.

You may experience closed doors.

You may have moments where you question everything.

But don’t allow fear to make every decision for you.

Pray about it.

Seek God through His Word.

Ask Him for wisdom.

Give Him your plans and be willing to accept His direction, even when His direction looks different from yours.

And when you feel Him leading you forward, have the courage to move.

You don’t need the whole map.

You don’t need every answer.

You don’t need to know how the story ends.

You simply need to trust the One writing it.

Seek Him. Pray. Let go. Heal. Accept. Trust.

And remember: the peace you have been searching for isn’t found in having control over every part of your future.

It comes from knowing Who is in control.

So if God has placed a dream in your heart, don’t be afraid to bring it to Him.

Maybe that dream is where your journey begins.

Maybe the first step towards finding your purpose is simply saying:

“God, I don’t know where You’re taking me, but I trust Your plan more than my own. Lead me, and I will follow.”


Comments

Popular Posts