Skip to main content

Featured

Let Go and Let God

When we are seeking God’s comfort, love, protection, healing, hope and reassurance, we also need to remember that sometimes  we need to let certain things go . We can ask God for peace, but at the same time, we have to be willing to release the hurt, betrayal, anger and bitterness we continue carrying with us. Sometimes healing requires surrender. Growing up, I always felt the need to avenge myself. If someone hurt me, spoke negatively about me, created rumours or even hurt someone I loved, I felt like I had to defend myself or them. I would lash out, send long messages, scream, argue and try to prove my side of the story. Something inside me would see red. I thought defending myself would make me feel better. I thought if I could make someone understand what they had done, prove them wrong or get even, somehow I would find peace. But I never did. The older I got, the more I realised I didn’t want to live like that anymore. I wanted peace. Eventually, I realised peace wasn’t going ...

Seeking God When you Don’t Know Where to Begin

 

I won’t lie, it was not an easy journey seeking God, especially when you don’t understand where to begin or where to start. But once you open your heart to God, Scripture and prayer, you will be beginning to find the answers you been seeking.


Some Scriptures that helped me restore my heart:


Psalms 16:2 “O my soul, you have said to the Lord, “You are my Lord, My goodness is nothing apart from You.”


Galatians5:22-23 “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.”


Jesus sets us free from our past mistakes, and we become a new creation look at:


2 Corinthians 5:17

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.”


This year was a year of transformation. I have prayed it for a while now, and this was the year of letting go of the bitterness, anger, anxiety, negative thoughts, and gossip. God has changed the path of my life. He has changed my ambitions and dreams day by day for a better living. 


When pursuing Jesus, I become someone that god created me to be. Full of hope, a purpose and filled by grace. 


A new journey. A peace to be found.


A new beginning, a new start, following Jesus’s path. 


Jesus fills the empty void in our souls once we allow him in. He accepts us even when carry sin, shame, suffering. 


Inner healing cometh through with God’s  presence and God’s word. 


I’ve learnt we need suffering in life to be able to grow and become the best versions of ourselves. 


I was overcommitted, overwhelmed, overstimulated and over tired.


But if you were to ask me today, I feel peace, reassurance, joy that I haven’t felt in a long time. But that can come with a hard decisions, closing a chapters that are too difficult for us to close. 


Psalms 23:3 “He restores my souls”


Once you allow God to restore you, you begin to feel so secure and free. 


‭‭Psalms‬ ‭63‬:‭1‬-‭3‬

“O God, You are my God; Early will I seek You; My soul thirsts for You; My flesh longs for You In a dry and thirsty land Where there is no water. So I have looked for You in the sanctuary, To see Your power and Your glory. Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips shall praise You.”


You don’t need to have everything figured out before you seek god. You don’t need to know every Scripture, understand every answer, or have your whole life completely together. You just need to begin.


Begin with prayer. Begin with opening his words. Begin by speaking to him, even when you don’t know what to say.


Seeking God has taught me that healing doesn’t always happen overnight. It comes slowly through letting go, closing chapters, forgiving, growing, and trusting Him even when you don’t understand where his leading you. 


If you don’t know where to begin, begin with Him.


Open your heart. Seek him. Trust him.


The peace you have been searching for may be found in the place you never thought to look - in God’s presence.


Jeremiah 29:13 

“ And you will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.”

Comments

Popular Posts